Second Strike is the only ignition system to provide a powerful second spark throughout the entire RPM range. Other multiple spark discharge systems typically drop off to one spark at about 3000 RPM.
The “Second Strike” is a microcontroller based ignition supplement that works with most inductive type systems (points, GM HEI, Chrysler electronic ignition, Ford TFI and Duraspark, Ignitor and Ignitor II). Following the primary spark, the Second Strike delivers a powerful capacitive discharge second spark resulting in a more complete combustion. At very high RPM’s the increased burn time can reduce misfires resulting in more peak horsepower and torque.
Second Strike’s unique crank angle offset (CAO) feature gives you tunability that no other box has. Simply turn the dial and change the time, in crank angle degrees, that the second spark occurs. A wide range of adjustment (2° to 18°) gives you the flexibility to find the CAO that works best for your engine’s performance and your driving type.
An integrated digital rev limiter protects the engine from over rev conditions. Random spark stealing method provides superior control of rev limits and a rapid response time to over rev limit events. More about the rev limiting features >
Easy installation with a simple five wire hookup and detailed instructions. No special distributor or coil are required.
- Only system to provide a second spark throughout the RPM range.
- Powerful CD second spark resulting in more complete combustion.
- Increased burn time makes more horsepower and torque at high RPMs.
- Unique (CAO) feature adjusts the timing of the second spark.
- Built-in digital rev limiter with high resolution. Digital rotary switches permit easy adjustment.
- Adaptive voltage feature prevents overdriving the ignition coil.
- Voltage protection prevents damage from reversed polarity.
- Tachometer output with TTL interface and near 50% duty cycle make our limiters compatible with most modern tachometers.
- Legal in all 50 states and Canada (C.A.R.B. E.O. #D-57-9).
- Limited One Year Warranty.
Return to Ignition home page